Over the past few years, minimalism has become a popular and encouraging concept all over the world. If you are looking to reduce clutter in your space, low profile beds are a good start for you. The height of your bed affects the overall aesthetic of your room.
5 Best-Selling Low Profile Bed Frame
Table of Contents
- 1. Zinus Shalini Platform Bed Frame, Tufted Headboard, Wooden Slats
- 2. Olee Sleep Metal Platform Bed Frame, Foldable
- 3. Amazon Basics Metal Bed Frame, 9-Leg Support, Tool-Free Assembly
- 4. Classic Brands Mornington Bed Frame, Wooden Slats, Metal Frame
- 5. KD Frames Bed Frame, Wooden
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
It may also affect the quality of your sleep to some extent. Low profile beds make your room appear larger and more spacious, prevent clutter, and are easily accessible by kids, pets, and impaired persons.
With that said, you do not necessarily need to be a minimalist to get a low profile bed. You may simply decide to improve your room’s aesthetic by making it appear more spacious. This can be achieved with the right low profile bed frame. Below is a list of five of the best low profile beds and a buying guide to make it easier for you to decide what to add to your cart.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Low Profile Bed Frame
- woven fabric upholstery with steel framework
- good looks, confident style - with its easy-as-pie assembly, sturdy construction and elegant diamond pattern stitching, the shalini stands the test of time and makes a stunningly chic addition to your bedroom
- durably designed - interior steel framework and dense foam padding add comfort and longevity; twin size supports a maximum weight capacity of 350 lbs, while all other sizes can support up to 700 lbs
This bed frame is a carefully crafted piece of furniture made from a combination of steel, foam, fabric, wood, and plywood. The upholstered headboard with soft tufted fabric gives it a firm, organized finish. The base consists of wooden slats with a spacing that provides sturdy support for you and your mattress.
The dimensions of this frame are 79.5 by 57 by 40.7 inches. The height of each leg is 6.9 inches. The vertical clearance is 14 inches, which provides ample storage for a few items without encouraging clutter. The frame weighs 75 pounds and requires minimal fast assembly. No box spring is required. The maximum weight recommendation of this frame is 700lbs except for the twin-size, which can only accommodate up to 350lbs.
- [under-bed storage space] - 13 inches off the floor maximize your bedroom space.
- [protect your feet] - recessed legs protect you from stubbing your toes on the bed.
- [sturdy foundation]-built to last - made of dura metal to provide solid support for you and mattress.
For a foldable option, this bed frame is the way to go. It consists of durable metal that provides a strong base. Its design is well thought out, with recessed legs to prevent accidents from occurring and an under-bed capacity of 13 inches that you can use to store some items such as seasonal clothing.
It also has a central supporting bar that provides extra anchorage. Its weight is 38 pounds, and its maximum weight capacity is 250 lbs. No box spring is needed for its assembly. It is perfect for a small space since it can easily be folded and set aside.
- full bed frame supports a same-size box spring and mattress set (not included)
- 9 legs (3 rows of 3) and a side-to-side center bar for optimal stability and all-over support
- durable steel construction with a sleek black finish
The AmazonBasics bed frame is an epitome of basic yet functional. It is made of durable steel and weighs 15.7 pounds. With over 9,000 reviews, the most satisfied customers describe it as lightweight and easy to assemble.
Its proportions are 74.5 by 53.5 by 7 inches(L*W*H). The frame is held up by nine legs which provide a stable foundation for the mattress. No tools are needed for assembly since it has a lock together system to keep it in place.
- 60" w x 84" l x 40" h
- trendy modern design, this upholstered platform headboard and bed frame is the perfect solution for updating the look of your bedroom
- durable wood slat foundation with sturdy center support can be used with any size mattress; rectangular headboard is 3 1/4-feet tall; 8-inch legs
This frame from Classic Brands exhibits the perfect aesthetic for a contemporary and trendy room. Its grey color blends in perfectly with existing decor since it is neutral. The frame consists of quality pine wood and an upholstered button-tufted headboard. The wooden slats are solid and well separated to ensure your mattress maintains its shape.
The under-bed capacity of 6 inches is enough to allow aeration and storage of small items. The configuration of the packaging makes it easy to pass it through your house into your bedroom. It is easy to assemble and does not require a box spring. Upon assembly, the bed frame weighs 94 pounds. Its dimensions are 60 by 34 by 6 inches.
- dimensions: 52" w x 74" d x 10" h | folded height: 39" | slate spacing: 3.7" | gap: 2"
- made in the usa with a manufacturers 5 year warranty
- smooth, unfinished tulip poplar
If you would like to modify your space, this would be the best option for you. The bed frame comprises natural, tulip non-toxic poplar wood. It has an unfinished look but is still soft to touch and not scratchy. The design is stylish and minimalist at the same time.
The frame has dimensions of 74 by 52 by 10inches. It folds and unfolds effortlessly for adaptability and storage.
When assembled, it forms a study and support base, bound to last for a long time. The rounded corners align with the shape of your mattress to preserve it. This frame design is perfect for hosting guests and college students who move from time to time or switch dorms. Upon assembly, it weighs only 46lbs, making it portable and easy to store. A satisfied customer states that they ‘would buy it a hundred times over’.
Choosing the perfect bed frame can take a lot of time and quite a bit of effort.Here are a few things to consider before getting your bed frame:
1. The Dimensions of the Bed Frame
Check the measurements of the frame in comparison with the size of your room. It is vital to choose one that does not take up all the space in your room.
2. The Weight of the Bed
The weight of a bed frame determines how bulky it is. A bed frame that is too bulky is burdensome to move around.
3. Your Preference or Aesthetic
Select a bed frame that matches the aesthetic you are going for, such as modern, minimalist, trendy, or elegant.
4. The Purpose of the Bed Frame
Knowing the purpose of the frame can help you decide the size that you need. E.g. a twin size is ideal for a kid’s room and a full-size frame for adults.
5. Your Budget
Most importantly, ensure that the price of the bed frame aligns amicably with your budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before making a purchase, it is advisable to carry out thorough research. Here are some of the most asked questions regarding low profile bed frames. After going through them, you should be able to get answers to questions you have also had or previously encountered.
High and low profile bed frames have their pros and cons. It is advisable to evaluate these before making a purchase. You can also refer to the buying guide to help you decide which frame is suitable for you.
The height ranges from ground level up to around 25 inches above the ground for standard beds. The ideal measurement is the one that best fits your needs.
Some researchers advise that sleeping closer to the ground has various benefits. These include: improving blood circulation, decreasing neck/back pains, and improving one’s overall sleep quality.
You could try using bed risers or add wheels to your bed frame.
From the various options provided, you should be able to select your perfect low profile bed frame. By going through our buying guide and frequently asked questions, you should be able to get answers to questions you have also had or previously encountered.