Is a foldable ottoman the last missing piece to your living room or bedroom? Then come along with us as we go through the 5 best foldable ottomans we could get our hands on.
5 Best-Selling Foldable Ottomans with Storage
Table of Contents
- 1. The YOUDENOVA Storage Ottoman
- 2. The Seville Classics Midnight Blue Ottoman
- 3. The B FSOBEIIALEO Folding Ottoman
- 4. The Nathan James Payton Storage Ottoman
- 5. The Otto & Ben Smart Lift Ottoman
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
By the end of this article, you’ll have known everything there is about foldable ottomans with storage.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Bagged Soils for Lawn
- 80 liter storage space: hidden storage to reduce mess, the large box provides ample storage space for organizing toys, sheets, pillows, blankets or magazines neatly.
- sturdy & comfortable: crafted with medium density fiberboard, high end imitation linen fabric and sponge padding brings great seating experience; practical used as a shoe bench, footstool and console table.
- seconds to assemble: the storage chest can be easy set up and assemble in 1 minute, suitable for living room, bedroom, entryway, lounge and more. easily folded flat when not in use, keep it behind the door to saving space.
This foldable ottoman offers plenty of space for all your stuff. We’re talking about 80 liters of storage space you can use to decongest your sitting room or bedroom. You’ll now have a place to put away your newspapers, toys, and even pillows and blankets for movie nights.
Despite being a foldable ottoman, its build is quite sturdy. The YOUDENOVA ottoman is strong enough to also serve as a footstool.
From the pictures, you must have noticed the sponge padding at the top. This shows that this ottoman is mediumly comfortable to sit on. It’s not the best sitting ottoman, but it will come in handy when you’re running out of sitting space.
Its assembly process is easy and a breeze to go through. You should be able to put it together in less than 5 minutes. Plus, its size makes it perfect for small rooms.
The design isn’t too bad. It will add some decor to your living space while still serving as a storage ottoman.
- It’s moderately strong.
- Its design is nice.
- The 80 liters of storage space is a lot.
- Its padding is comfortable enough for short sitting sessions.
- It won’t hold your weight for long sitting sessions.
- included components: 1 box 1 panel 1 lid
Once again, we have a highly-rated ottoman that offers plenty of sitting space.
Also, this foldable ottoman is nice to look at and will add to your room’s aesthetics (especially this midnight blue variant).
Is it good to sit on?
Yes, its top is thickly padded for a comfortable sitting experience. In addition to that, the sides are firm and sturdy enough to support the weight of a full-grown adult.
The manufacturers have stated that the ottoman is strong enough to be able to carry up to 400 pounds at the top and 30 pounds inside.
Its storage space is also very generous (around 2.2 cubic feet). It’s big enough for you to store all your beddings, blankets, newspapers, and toys.
Plus, its interior is also nice and durable. The first thing you’ll probably notice about its interior is the linen lining on the walls—Simply gorgeous.
- The mid-night blue design is a must-have.
- It’s strong (able to lift 400 pounds).
- The inner linen lining is classy.
- Its storage space is ample.
- The loose tufted buttons can be a choking hazard for children.
- cube dimensions: 11.8"l x 11.8"w x 11.8"h (30 x 30 x 30cm)
- perfect for small areas: ottoman dimensions are 11.8 inches in height, depth, and width; the perfect size for use as a footrest, or as a stool for you home
- durability:linen fabrics make the stool more comfortable and breathable, and the structure of mdf ensures that ottoman can be used in your home for a long time.
This ottoman is slightly smaller than the previous one (It’s a cube measuring 11.8 inches in length, width, and height). Because of its compactness, it’s better suited for smaller rooms like kids’ bedrooms and nursery rooms.
Is this storage ottoman durable?
Yes. Not only that, but it’s also strong enough to hold up 250 pounds no problem—This is thanks to its medium-density microfiber that gives the entire unit that little bit of support.
What about the fabric? The B FSOBEIILEO ottoman is upholstered with breathable linen fiber that is hard to stain and easy to clean.
- It’s nice and compact for small living spaces.
- It’s not the strongest, but it can hold up some weight (up to 250 pounds).
- The breathable linen fiber is easy to maintain.
- The lid padding is a bit lacking and not comfortable enough to sit on.
- material-polyester (90%), polyurethane (10%). payton cube storage ottoman is a cozy seat padded for comfort and supported by a wooden frame.
- flip over the seat lid to form a functional rosewood-finish tray and access storage space.
- lifetime manufacturer warranty: try for 100 days.
Probably the most stylish ottoman on this list. I mean, look at the design on this ottoman. It’s just fabulous.
For me, the best thing about its design is the nailhead lining.
The other unique thing about this ottoman is its support system—Have you seen the wooden legs? No other foldable ottoman on this list has wooden legs. This feature gives this ottoman that little bit of stability.
In terms of sheer strength, this ottoman can lift up to 300 pounds. In addition to that, the padded lid makes it super comfortable for long sitting sessions.
Are you in need of a small coffee table that is still an ottoman?
The flipped wooden lid makes for a stable and stylish coffee table.
The material is also something to look forward to. The beige polyester fabric is easy to wash and durable. Plus, its minimalistic look enables it to blend into any room’s decor.
- The nailhead design is something to look forward to.
- It’s quite sturdy (able to lift 300 pounds).
- It’s easy to assemble.
- Some come with the disturbing smell of hardwood.
- comfort foam padding: comfort foam padded top for added seating comfort while sturdy setup structure gives stability to the base
- smart lift top: lid that swings open on either side, so you don’t have to clear the top every time you open it
- easy set up & fold away: designed to fold into a flat board and can be stored inside the lid; super easy setup: simply unfold, position base piece and cover
Measuring 30 inches long, 15 inches wide, and 15 inches tall, this foldable ottoman offers plenty of storage space.
Its design isn’t over the top (perfect for our minimalist brothers and sisters).
The fabric is sublime. Sure, it’s not the most durable. However, it still looks good and will hold up well with proper maintenance.
The smart lift top is its most unique feature. You no longer have to clear the top to put in or remove items from the ottoman.
Like the others on this list, the sides are made from medium-density fibreboard. However, its manufacturers haven’t specified how strong it is.
We did some research and learned from a trustworthy customer that the ottoman can support up to 200 pounds. In addition to that, our reliable source also hinted that people shouldn’t try to stand or sit on the ottoman for long sitting sessions.
The smart lift top is a fun feature to have.
It’s somewhat strong (not proven).
It offers plenty of storage space.
Some come with a strong chemical smell.
Below are some factors to consider when looking for a foldable ottoman. Hopefully, these should help you find the right ottoman for all your storage needs.
1. Storage Space
If you want more storage space, then the bigger the ottoman, the better. However, remember that large ottomans tend to occupy a lot of living space.
Medium-sized ottomans (15 inches cubes) offer the perfect balance between storage space and living space convenience.
2. The Material
Go for ottomans upholstered with fabrics that are durable, hard to stain, and easy to wash. Microfiber fabrics are among the best and most popularly used fabrics for household furniture.
Leather is the other fabric you should consider getting since it’s good looking and the most durable. However, it’s quite costly.
3. The Intended Use
Will you use the ottoman mainly for storage purposes? Or, will it be part of your sitting space?
Foldable coffee table ottomans must have a lot of countertop space.
On the other hand, sitting ottomans need to be strong and firm (Must be able to hold at least 200 pounds).
4. The Shape
The shape is somewhat related to the ottoman’s intended purpose. Square-shaped ottomans are best for sitting or coffee table use. On the other hand, rectangular-shaped ottomans are the best for storage purposes.
5. Additional Features
Some ottomans come with additional features. For example, gliding ottomans allow you to comfortably sync with your rockers and gliders. Nevertheless, there aren’t many foldable ottomans that come with this feature.
Frequently Asked Questions
Leather is the best fabric for all household furniture. However, there aren’t many ottomans covered with leather. Your second-best options would be polyester or microfibre.
The 15 inches cube ottomans are the best standard ottomans in the market.
It depends on the ottoman’s strength. Very few can support the weight of a full-grown adult for long sitting sessions.
No, because when you stand on it, your weight is unevenly distributed on the ottoman. Thus, the support will eventually cave in.
It depends on the ottoman’s fabric. Just make sure you keep your ottoman clean to prevent dirt buildup.