Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Finding the best firm mattresses isn’t easy. It’s even harder if you’re searching for a firm mattress under $500.
5 Best-Selling Firm Mattresses under $500
Table of Contents
- 1. The Ashley Chime 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress
- 2. The Live & Sleep 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress
- 3. The Sunrising Bedding 12-inch Twin Foam Mattress
- 4. The Olee Sleep Firm 9-inch Multilayer Foam Mattress
- 5. The Best Price Mattress 10-inch Green Tea Infused Memory Foam Mattress
- Buying Guide
- Ways To Take Care Of Your Mattress
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why? Because the majority of quality firm mattresses are quite expensive (We’re talking thousands of dollars).
But we did it. We were able to shortlist the best firm mattresses under $500. Please continue reading to find out more.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Firm Mattresses under $500
1. The Ashley Chime 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress
Signature Design By Ashley ( CertiPUR-US Certified, Queen)
- memory foam mattress: for sound sleep you've always dreamed of. this body contouring memory foam mattress delivers amazing support, pressure relief and comfort
- 12" profile: designed with layers of memory foam for support and pressure relief, all with a comfortable feel. the support foam core reduces motion transfer for peaceful, undisturbed sleep
- plush support: thick layers of memory foam contour to your body and deliver amazing support, pressure relief and comfort for all types of sleepers
You asked for it. This mattress is firm!
The mattress has three solid layers, each designed to make your sleeping experience more comfortable and fun.
The 2-inch memory foam layer is the first and top-most layer.
Unlike the layers underneath it, it’s not as firm. It’s designed that way to accommodate your body weight and relieve your pressure points for maximum comfort. Nevertheless, it’s still on the high-end of the firmness scale.
Next is the 2-inch transition foam. The layer provides support as you sleep.
The third and final layer is the 8-inch core. It’s the hardest of the three and the one responsible for holding your weight and ensuring your spinal cord is nicely supported.
In addition to that, it also prevents motion transfer as you sleep.
The mattress also comes with a hypoallergenic cover, perfect for those who are prone to allergic reactions.
- The mattress is firmer than most.
- It’s compatible with all bases and bed frames.
- It comes with a hypoallergenic cover.
- There is no mention of gel-infusion or cool-as-you-sleep features that prevent night sweating.
2. The Live & Sleep 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress
Live Sleep Elite ( Cool Bed In A Box - CertiPUR Certified)
- perfect contour. rv queen size firm 12in mattress cradles you in a deluxe cushion of 3” premium air-flow memory foam over a layer of gel-infused memory foam + high density support base. extra-thick profile gives luxury hotel touch
- cooling innovation. breathable, firm and better quality materials, not cheap inexpensive foam. gel memory foam creates optimum comfort that relaxes and cools your body. no coils or latex used, just deep rest for a long day ahead
- best buy solution. top rated short queen size 12-inch mattress with over 90% 5-star reviews on amazon. classic firm hd core relieves pressure points + less tossing & turning. good for side, back and stomach sleepers. signature feel recharges you from a dream night of ultimate slumber
Unlike the previous one, this mattress has cooling capabilities to keep away the heat and sweat as you sleep.
The coolness is due to the gel infused foam that is also breathable to allow for aeration.
Sure, this mattress is firm. However, it’s not a rock like the previous one.
It has a luxurious 3-inch Air-flow layer that is cozy enough to allow you to get some sleep.
Have you ever dreamt of sleeping on a luxurious hotel bed?
Well, this product delivers that in the form of a 12-inch deluxe firm mattress.
Its base is an extra-thick foam specifically built to support your weight and cradle your spine as you sleep. It’s best for all types of sleepers- Side, back, and stomach.
The mattress also comes with a premium hypoallergenic linen cover.
What is the best frame for this mattress?
It’s best suited for the box spring. Nevertheless, you can also lay it on your floor and sleep comfortably
- You’ll stay cool through the night (No night sweating).
- It’s not too firm. It’s perfect for those who love firm mattresses with a hint of softness.
- It comes with a premium linen cover.
- The top-most 3-inch layer is a turnoff if you prefer sleeping on rock-hard mattresses.
You might also want to learn more about The Best Table For Esthetician.
3. The Sunrising Bedding 12-inch Twin Foam Mattress
Sunrising Bedding 12 Gel ( Fiberglass, Adjustable Bed Frame Compatible)
- 3.5" air gel memory foam layer naturally responds to individual’s body temperate, works great on back pain relief, spine alignment, and hips, lower back and shoulders’ pressure point reduction. please allow 24-72 hours for your mattress to regain its full shape. any memory foam will expand faster in a warmer room but in cold temperature it will take a bit longer time to fully expand.
- 8.5" high density ultra-supportive base foam provides enhanced edge support, less tossing and turning, ideal for side, stomach and back sleepers. twin mattress dimensions :75"x39"x12"
- tencel mattress cover, designed for non-flip, recharges your ultimate slumber, good for home bedroom or guest room furniture frame. it is easy to remove and wash, comfortable with natural cloud like feel. the fireproof fabric is free from glass fiber and chemical fire retardant.
The mattress never sinks! If it does, it rebounds almost immediately. We’re sure you’ve never seen anything like this.
Unlike the others, this mattress has two layers. Also, it comes with unique molding properties that allow it to adjust and cradle your body as you sleep.
The first layer is a 3.5-inch Gel foam layer designed to keep your body cool and dry as you sleep. It’s also the same layer that reacts to your body temperature and molds to accommodate you as you sleep.
With this mattress, you’ll never have to worry about sleep-related body aches. It ensures all your body parts are individually supported, and all pressure points are relieved as you sleep.
The other layer is the high-density foam layer with improved edge support. As you sleep, you won’t feel or hear your partner toss and turn.
- It’s adaptive to your body without a “sinking” or “spongy” effect.
- It’s compatible with almost all bed frames and bases.
- The mattress is quite affordable for the quality it delivers.
- Some customers have complained that some mattresses come with chemical smells.
You might be interested in learning more about The Best Queen Mattresses Under $300.
4. The Olee Sleep Firm 9-inch Multilayer Foam Mattress
Olee Sleep 9 Inch ( Mattress, Full, White)
- general note: please allow 24 - 72 hours for your mattress to regain its full shape. any memory foam will expand faster in a warmer room. in cold temperature, at delivery, your mattress may take a bit longer to return to full sized from its compressed state.the expansion time of the mattress will vary as per the surrounding
- multi layer deluxe foam mattress: i-gel cooling foam. air flow convoluted foam. high density support foam.
- sleep cool - i-gel cooling foam and air flow convoluted foam keep mattress from getting too hot.
Once again, the Olee Brand has delivered a high-quality mattress worth our mention.
Just as the name suggests, this mattress is multilayered. To be specific, it has three foam layers.
The first layer is gel-infused and soft to deliver a non-sweaty good night’s rest. Apart from the gel, the breathable cover also regulates the body’s temperature as you sleep.
The second layer is air-convoluted to also prevent the mattress from overheating. This makes it the best firm mattress you can get if you’re living in relatively hot climatic conditions.
The final layer is the high-density foam layer that supports everything else (including you). It also maintains the mattress’s shape and ensures your body weight is evenly distributed, thus preventing body and joint pains.
Because of its weight and firm core, this mattress is best for heavy-bodied people. It’s supportive and doesn’t transfer motion.
- It’s firm and best for heavy-bodied people.
- Its cooling functionality is efficient.
- The mattress is very good at relieving pressure points and body pains.
- Some customers have advised against removing its cover. There is a lot of loose fiberglass underneath it.
You might also be interested in The Best Innerspring Mattress For Side Sleepers.
5. The Best Price Mattress 10-inch Green Tea Infused Memory Foam Mattress
Best Price Mattress 10 ( Foam Mattress, Full)
- comfort catered to you - float on a cloud in amazing comfort with our memory foam mattress. get the ultimate comfort and rest you need as the memory foam conforms to your body and relieves pressure points.
- calming & refreshing green tea - the memory foam layer is infused with green tea that is known to provide calming benefits. it also helps maintain odors to keep both you and your mattress refreshed every day.
- layered in harmony - the top memory foam layer works hand in hand with the support foam and high density foam layers to ensure well-balanced support for an amazing night's sleep.
The fan-favorite is back!
Sleeping on this mattress is like sleeping on a hard, but comfy cloud.
The top-most layer is green tea infused.
Green tea is known for its calming effect and pleasant fragrance.
In addition to that, the layer is also soft and comfortable. Plus, there is a quality hypoallergenic cover on top of it.
The second layer is thinnest. It’s a ventilated foam layer designed to keep the mattress cool. In addition to that, it also relieves the body’s pressure points.
The third and final layer is a high-density foam layer responsible for supporting and maintaining the mattress’s shape.
- It’s firm but cozy. A trait that is difficult to find in firm mattresses.
- The green tea infusion keeps the mattress smelling fresh at all times.
- The cover is soft and hypoallergenic.
- Like the previous mattress, don’t remove the cover. Underneath it is a lot of loose glass fiber.
Below are some of the factors we considered when choosing the five best firm mattresses under $500.
You can also use them as you go hunting for your perfect firm mattress.
1. The Hypoallergenic Trait
The trait is even more crucial if you’re prone to skin-related allergic reactions. Always make sure that the word “hypoallergenic” is mentioned somewhere on the product’s page.
2. Cooling Capabilities
The firm mattress should be able to regulate your body’s temperature as you sleep. Look for mattresses that have gel-infused foams or ventilated layers.
3. Base and Bed Frame Compatibility
Make sure the mattress is at least compatible with the bed frame you have at home. It’s even better if you went for firm mattresses that are compatible with almost all bed frames and bases.
Most firm mattresses in the market are of low quality and usually lose their firmness after one year of use. In case you didn’t know, the average lifespan of mattresses is 7 to 9 years.
5. Warranty Policies
Buying mattresses online is risky. At least make sure that the brands you’re buying from are faithful to their warranty policies.
Ways To Take Care Of Your Mattress
1. Read the Manufacturer’s Instructions
When buying a mattress, it always comes with a booklet or piece of paper that indicates how to take care of it. Different brands and companies have different ways and techniques to keep the mattress in great condition. Also, this booklet has provided information regarding warranty issues.
2. Keeping It Clean
The longevity of a mattress is depending on how you take care of it. All mattress fabric covers are most likely to be subjected to dirt, stain, dust, pet fur, sweat, and more. Regularly cleaning it will ensure that your mattress will have a good smell and will not be subjected to bedbugs infestation.
3. Properly Supported
You may not always need to buy a matching foundation for your new mattress. What you just have to do is to make sure that your mattress has the right kind of support and it can handle the weight of the mattress and your weight. By doing this, you can preserve the integrity of the materials and prevent your mattress from early wear.
It is best if you can check the mattress support once every year to ensure that there are no broken slats or springs that could damage your mattress.
4. Regularly Clean Linens
Wash your bed linens regularly (wash every week or two) to avoid dust mites and bacteria. Also we recommend that you use a mattress protector to shield spills, bedwetting, and stains. When spill and stains occur you can wash it with soap and water solution, just avoid using harsh chemicals as they can damage the foam integrity.
Frequently Asked Questions
Firm mattresses are perfect for people who sleep on their backs. They offer good support for the spine and promote good breathing as you sleep.
Yes. The main symptom is back and neck pains whenever you wake up.
It all comes down to preference. Firm mattresses have more health benefits. However, soft mattresses are more comfortable.
Yes. Even the hardest of mattresses will soften with use.
To ease the firmness, you can break it in with time or use padded sheets and mattress toppers.