Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Finding the best firm mattresses isn’t easy. It’s even harder if you’re searching for a firm mattress under $500.
5 Best-Selling Firm Mattresses under $500
Table of Contents
- 1. The Ashley Chime 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress
- 2. The Live & Sleep 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress
- 3. The Sunrising Bedding 12-inch Twin Foam Mattress
- 4. The Olee Sleep Firm 9-inch Multilayer Foam Mattress
- 5. The Best Price Mattress 10-inch Green Tea Infused Memory Foam Mattress
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why? Because the majority of quality firm mattresses are quite expensive (We’re talking thousands of dollars).
But we did it. We were able to shortlist the best firm mattresses under $500. Please continue reading to find out more.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Firm Mattresses under $500
- queen size bed in a box: for deep sleep you've always dreamed of, this body contouring memory foam mattress delivers; 12" mattress comes compressed and rolled in a box for your convenience
- sleep soundly: designed with layers of memory foam for firm support and pressure relief, all with an ultra plush feel. the support foam core reduces motion transfer for peaceful, undisturbed sleep
- maintenance free: made of hypoallergenic material to keep out dust mites, pollen, mold and pet dander—perfect for kids or adults who suffer from allergies
You asked for it. This mattress is firm!
The mattress has three solid layers, each designed to make your sleeping experience more comfortable and fun.
The 2-inch memory foam layer is the first and top-most layer.
Unlike the layers underneath it, it’s not as firm. It’s designed that way to accommodate your body weight and relieve your pressure points for maximum comfort. Nevertheless, it’s still on the high-end of the firmness scale.
Next is the 2-inch transition foam. The layer provides support as you sleep.
The third and final layer is the 8-inch core. It’s the hardest of the three and the one responsible for holding your weight and ensuring your spinal cord is nicely supported.
In addition to that, it also prevents motion transfer as you sleep.
The mattress also comes with a hypoallergenic cover, perfect for those who are prone to allergic reactions.
- The mattress is firmer than most.
- It’s compatible with all bases and bed frames.
- It comes with a hypoallergenic cover.
- There is no mention of gel-infusion or cool-as-you-sleep features that prevent night sweating.
- perfect contour. rv queen size firm 12in mattress cradles you in a deluxe cushion of 3” premium air-flow memory foam over a layer of gel-infused memory foam + high density support base. extra-thick profile gives luxury hotel touch
- cooling innovation. breathable, firm and better quality materials, not cheap inexpensive foam. gel memory foam creates optimum comfort that relaxes and cools your body. no coils or latex used, just deep rest for a long day ahead
- best buy solution. top rated short queen size 12-inch mattress with over 90% 5-star reviews on amazon. classic firm hd core relieves pressure points + less tossing & turning. good for side, back and stomach sleepers. signature feel recharges you from a dream night of ultimate slumber
Unlike the previous one, this mattress has cooling capabilities to keep away the heat and sweat as you sleep.
The coolness is due to the gel infused foam that is also breathable to allow for aeration.
Sure, this mattress is firm. However, it’s not a rock like the previous one.
It has a luxurious 3-inch Air-flow layer that is cozy enough to allow you to get some sleep.
Have you ever dreamt of sleeping on a luxurious hotel bed?
Well, this product delivers that in the form of a 12-inch deluxe firm mattress.
Its base is an extra-thick foam specifically built to support your weight and cradle your spine as you sleep. It’s best for all types of sleepers- Side, back, and stomach.
The mattress also comes with a premium hypoallergenic linen cover.
What is the best frame for this mattress?
It’s best suited for the box spring. Nevertheless, you can also lay it on your floor and sleep comfortably
- You’ll stay cool through the night (No night sweating).
- It’s not too firm. It’s perfect for those who love firm mattresses with a hint of softness.
- It comes with a premium linen cover.
- The top-most 3-inch layer is a turnoff if you prefer sleeping on rock-hard mattresses.
- 3.5" air gel memory foam layer naturally responds to individual’s body temperate, works great on back pain relief, spine alignment, and hips, lower back and shoulders’ pressure point reduction.
- 8.5" high density ultra-supportive base foam provides enhanced edge support, less tossing and turning, ideal for side, stomach and back sleepers. twin mattress dimensions :75"x39"x12"
- tencel mattress cover, designed for non-flip, recharges your ultimate slumber, good for home bedroom or guest room furniture frame. it is easy to remove and wash, comfortable with natural cloud like feel. the fireproof fabric is free from glass fiber and chemical fire retardant.
The mattress never sinks! If it does, it rebounds almost immediately. We’re sure you’ve never seen anything like this.
Unlike the others, this mattress has two layers. Also, it comes with unique molding properties that allow it to adjust and cradle your body as you sleep.
The first layer is a 3.5-inch Gel foam layer designed to keep your body cool and dry as you sleep. It’s also the same layer that reacts to your body temperature and molds to accommodate you as you sleep.
With this mattress, you’ll never have to worry about sleep-related body aches. It ensures all your body parts are individually supported, and all pressure points are relieved as you sleep.
The other layer is the high-density foam layer with improved edge support. As you sleep, you won’t feel or hear your partner toss and turn.
- It’s adaptive to your body without a “sinking” or “spongy” effect.
- It’s compatible with almost all bed frames and bases.
- The mattress is quite affordable for the quality it delivers.
- Some customers have complained that some mattresses come with chemical smells.
- multi layer deluxe foam mattress: i-gel cooling foam + air flow convoluted foam +high density support foam.
- sleep cool - i-gel cooling foam & air flow convoluted foam keep mattress from getting too hot.
- sleep comfort - memory foam & high density layer supports your body and disperses weight evenly for good night's sleep
Once again, the Olee Brand has delivered a high-quality mattress worth our mention.
Just as the name suggests, this mattress is multilayered. To be specific, it has three foam layers.
The first layer is gel-infused and soft to deliver a non-sweaty good night’s rest. Apart from the gel, the breathable cover also regulates the body’s temperature as you sleep.
The second layer is air-convoluted to also prevent the mattress from overheating. This makes it the best firm mattress you can get if you’re living in relatively hot climatic conditions.
The final layer is the high-density foam layer that supports everything else (including you). It also maintains the mattress’s shape and ensures your body weight is evenly distributed, thus preventing body and joint pains.
Because of its weight and firm core, this mattress is best for heavy-bodied people. It’s supportive and doesn’t transfer motion.
- It’s firm and best for heavy-bodied people.
- Its cooling functionality is efficient.
- The mattress is very good at relieving pressure points and body pains.
- Some customers have advised against removing its cover. There is a lot of loose fiberglass underneath it.
- float on a cloud in amazing comfort with body-conforming memory foam and ventilated pressure relief foam
- temperature-reactive memory foam. in normal temperatures it is somewhat firm, but as you lay down, it reacts to the temperature of your body and begins to mold itself to your shape.
- weight is evenly distributed along the surface, relieving pressure points and helping you to sleep deeper without tossing and turning
The fan-favorite is back!
Sleeping on this mattress is like sleeping on a hard, but comfy cloud.
The top-most layer is green tea infused.
Green tea is known for its calming effect and pleasant fragrance.
In addition to that, the layer is also soft and comfortable. Plus, there is a quality hypoallergenic cover on top of it.
The second layer is thinnest. It’s a ventilated foam layer designed to keep the mattress cool. In addition to that, it also relieves the body’s pressure points.
The third and final layer is a high-density foam layer responsible for supporting and maintaining the mattress’s shape.
- It’s firm but cozy. A trait that is difficult to find in firm mattresses.
- The green tea infusion keeps the mattress smelling fresh at all times.
- The cover is soft and hypoallergenic.
- Like the previous mattress, don’t remove the cover. Underneath it is a lot of loose glass fiber.
Below are some of the factors we considered when choosing the five best firm mattresses under $500.
You can also use them as you go hunting for your perfect firm mattress.
1. The Hypoallergenic Trait
The trait is even more crucial if you’re prone to skin-related allergic reactions. Always make sure that the word “hypoallergenic” is mentioned somewhere on the product’s page.
2. Cooling Capabilities
The firm mattress should be able to regulate your body’s temperature as you sleep. Look for mattresses that have gel-infused foams or ventilated layers.
3. Base and Bed Frame Compatibility
Make sure the mattress is at least compatible with the bed frame you have at home. It’s even better if you went for firm mattresses that are compatible with almost all bed frames and bases.
Most firm mattresses in the market are of low quality and usually lose their firmness after one year of use. In case you didn’t know, the average lifespan of mattresses is 7 to 9 years.
5. Warranty Policies
Buying mattresses online is risky. At least make sure that the brands you’re buying from are faithful to their warranty policies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Firm mattresses are perfect for people who sleep on their backs. They offer good support for the spine and promote good breathing as you sleep.
Yes. The main symptom is back and neck pains whenever you wake up.
It all comes down to preference. Firm mattresses have more health benefits. However, soft mattresses are more comfortable.
Yes. Even the hardest of mattresses will soften with use.
To ease the firmness, you can break it in with time or use padded sheets and mattress toppers.