Most mattresses require a sturdy, even, and supportive surface. Before the new box spring design, there were the traditional box springs, which were made of coiled springs just like the standard spring mattress. Nowadays, it’s quite tricky to find the traditional box spring model.
5 Best-Selling Box Spring For Memory Foam Mattress
Table of Contents
- 1. Zinus Walter Smart Box Spring, 9 Inch, Steel & Wood
- 2. Amazon Basics Smart Box Spring, Tool-Free Assembly
- 3. Zinus Victor Quick-Lock Box Spring, Metal Structure
- 4. Spinal Solution Split Box Spring, Wood Structure, Meets Federal Standards 1632 And 1633 Fire Code
- 5. Mainstay Half-Fold Box Spring, Metal Structure
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
But, worry not, we have a list of some of the best box springs for your memory foam mattress that you can consider. Reading on, you’ll find a detailed review as well as a comprehensive buying guide to help you make the right buying decision.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Box Spring For Memory Foam Mattress
- a mattress game-changer - any decent mattress needs a good foundation behind it, and this box spring is one of our best; built with all of the trusted support we put into our ever-so-popular platform beds, this game-changing box spring has the total package - an unwavering steel structure, reliable, closely spaced wood slats and a compact, cleverly developed, well, package
- durably engineered - durable steel and wood slats are used to construct the interior framework of this foundation; twin size supports a maximum weight capacity of 350 lbs, while all other sizes can support up to 700 lbs
- high profile design - a 9 inch height is perfect for shorter mattresses or for those who enjoy their bed higher off the floor.non-slip tape on the wooden slats prevents your mattress from moving
If you’re looking for a sturdy foundation for your mattress, you might want to consider the Zinus Walter Smart Box Spring. It has a metallic structure and strong wooden slats to support you throughout the night comfortably. This mattress foundation can support between 300 pounds to 700 pounds depending on the size you have chosen. The sizes can range from either the twin, twin XL, Full, Queen, King to California King.
With the 9-inch thickness, your mattress will get a significant additional height. You also don’t need to worry about your mattress slipping at night because the wooden slats have non-slip tape. With the instructions manual and tools packed together, the assembly will be an easy task.
- offers the look and functionality of a traditional box spring, but made from steel for longer-lasting durability sturdy enough to support any spring, foam, or hybrid mattress
- durable steel frame and horizontal slats provide sturdy, reliable support for any same-size mattress
- 2-piece fabric top and bottom covers zip securely together for full coverage; cover is removable for spot cleaning
Available in either the 5-inch or 9-inch height, the Amazon Basics smart box spring offers a suitable foundation for any foam, spring, or hybrid mattress. The functionality and looks of this mattress foundation are similar to that of the traditional box spring. However, the fact that it’s made from steel makes it durable and sturdy enough to support any same-size mattress.
Even more convenient is the removable 2-piece fabric top and bottom cover that you can remove any time to clean. The steel frame is foldable, thus allowing its convenient packaging. Assembly is also easy since you’ll need no tools for it. Some of the sizes you can choose from include the twin, twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California King.
- hassle & headache free - the quick lock metal box spring comes together with easy-to-follow instructions, fewer bolts and absolutely no headaches; assembly that’s intuitive and packaging that seems to defy the laws of physics
- durably engineered - a durable steel frame is used to construct the interior framework of this foundation; twin size supports a maximum weight capacity of 350 lbs, while all other sizes can support up to 700 lbs
- high profile design - a 9 inch height is perfect for shorter mattresses or for those who enjoy their bed higher off the floor
If you’re looking for outstanding support for our foam, latex, or spring mattress, then you might want to consider the Zinus Victor Quick-Lock Box Spring. With its easy, quick snap assembly process, you get to spend no time with bolts and nuts. All you have to do is follow the instructions.
The steel frame is durable and sturdy enough to support up to 350 pounds for the twin size and up to 700 pounds for the other sizes. There are also different thicknesses to choose from depending on how much extra height you need for your mattress; this will range from 4 inches, 7.5, to 9 inches. Even better is the 5-year warranty this mattress foundation comes with.
4. Spinal Solution Split Box Spring, Wood Structure, Meets Federal Standards 1632 And 1633 Fire Code
- easy to carry: box spring comes split in two to easily pass through narrow hallways & doors
- strong and sturdy: made from strong traditional wood structure, made of light yet dense lumber which prevents the box to loosen up and crack and keeps the mattress in perfect shape
- works with all mattresses: this box spring is good for all mattresses
If you’re looking for a strong and sturdy box spring, then you might want to consider the spinal solution split box spring. The mattress foundation is made of light lumber which is dense enough to prevent the box from loosening up and cracking.
Whatever kind of mattress you have, this box spring will come in handy. You won’t have to worry about putting together the box spring because it comes fully assembled and ready to use. The spring box can hold a limited weight capacity of up to 700 pounds. Some of the sizes you can choose from include the full, full XL, queen, king, and California king.
Using a box spring is one way to prevent your mattress from sagging. The Mainstay Half-Fold Box Spring is one of the options that you can consider. The set-up is pretty easy because the box spring comes fully assembled. This half-fold box spring is not only durable, but also sturdy because it’s constructed from premium high gauge steel, plastic, and polyester in product highlight.
The non-slip surface also comes in handy to hold your mattress in place. With the different sizes available, you can always choose an option that suits you best.
With the traditional box springs becoming a thing of the past, manufacturers are gradually coming up with better solutions that will serve the same purpose. For this purpose, you get different mattress foundation designs to give you the support that you need. We shall have a look at some of the things you should put into consideration when buying a suitable box spring for your memory foam mattress.
1. The Thickness of the Box Springs
You will be able to know the most suitable box spring thickness for you depending on how much additional height you want for your mattress. For more height, a thicker box spring is advised. It is also essential to note that for some, you’ll need to have a bed frame too.
2. The Cost
For you to avoid overspending or exceeding your budget, it is essential to make sure that the box spring is within your budget.
3. The Box Springs Material
The type of material(whether steel or wood), is essential in determining the durability of a box spring. It’s important to know the material that will suit you best to avoid any disappointment.
4. The Weight Capacity
Different box springs sizes can have the ability to support different weight capacities. It is advisable to be sure that the option you’re choosing is suitable for you before making your purchase decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
This section will give you more information derived from some of the frequently asked questions by customers. You might even find an answer to a question that you’ve been having concerning some of the best box springs.
A box spring has several benefits. From preventing your mattress from sagging, giving you even support, acting as a shock absorber to making it easy for you to get in and out of bed because of the additional height among many others. Your needs will dictate the type of box spring that will suit you best.
This will highly depend on your personal preference and choice. You can choose to get either the wooden or steel box spring.
This will be dependant on the quality of the material used. On average a good box spring should last you up to 10 years and even 20 years for the top-notch quality kind.
You’ll know that your box spring is becoming unreliable or needs replacement when it starts having the squeaky sounds or if it suddenly becomes uncomfortable.
With this simple buying guide and review of some of the best box springs, making your next purchase decision will be a walk in the park. You get plenty of essential information that you need for you to select the most befitting option for yourself!