Bed bugs are a literal nuisance. They are little monsters that can terrorize your home space and environment. There are various myths surrounding bedbugs, one of them being that they live in dirt. Well, contrary to this opinion, they thrive and multiply in warmth, blood, and carbon dioxide. Disgusting little creatures, right? And what would be a better place to find a combination of these three conditions other than your bed?
5 Best-Selling Bed Frame To Avoid Bedbugs
Table of Contents
- 1. Zinus Able Metal Platform Bedframe, Lock Assembly, No Spring Box Needed
- 2. Vecelo Metal Bed Frame, Twin Size, With Headboard
- 3. WeeHom Steel Metal Platform Bed Frame, Twin Size, No Box Spring Needed
- 4. Olee Sleep Steel Bed Frame, Anti-Slip Support, Noise Free
- 5. Zinus Lorerai Metal Platform Bed, No Box Spring Needed
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a detailed list of metal bed frames that discourage their existence, together with a buying guide to help you make the perfect decision.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Bed Frame To Avoid Bedbugs
- go minimalist- less is more, especially with this modern and boldly outlined foundation that lends both strength and understated sophistication to your bedroom - two qualities that never go out of style
- no box spring needed- reliable metal slats are designed to support and extend the life of your latex, memory foam or spring mattress without the need for a box spring; for twin and full sizes, slats are spaced 5.5 to 5.9 inches apart
- underbed clearance- a 14 inch platform features 12 inches of underbed space perfect for storing extra odds and ends
For a minimalist yet eye-catching look, this steel metal bed frame provides functionality and value for your money at the same time. Standing at 14 inches, it has a 12-inch under-bed space for storing your extra belongings. Multiple customers have described it as an easy to assemble, sturdy, and silent frame. The steel metal frame does not have crevices that hide bedbugs.
The slats are well-spaced, and no box spring is needed to support your mattress. It is available in twin, full, queen, and king sizes, all of which can comfortably hold up to 500lbs, except the twin frame, which supports up to 250lbs.
- good quality metal frame, strong steel tubing construction provide the safety and comfortable sleep environment.
- no box spring needed, suitable for full size mattress. excellent headboard and footboard design, beautiful and durable, create a light luxury retro living atmosphere.
- bed frame designed with anti-scratch rubber mat, which can protect your floor and prevent the bed from sliding. solving noisy/squeaky problem and more stable.
If you stay in a small space, you might want to consider this twin-size metal bed frame from Vecelo. Its outer dimensions are 75 inches x 54 inches x 42. 9 inches (l*w*h). It also has a 12.6-inch space from the floor for ample under-bed storage. This space means less clutter and therefore, nowhere for bed bugs to hide. Its design is magnificent and spells out sweet bedbug-free dreams.
This bed frame has an anti-scratch rubber mat to protect your floor and prevent the bed from sliding and screeching. It is sturdy and exudes a retro feel. The bed frame also comes with a headboard which is a plus!
- unique flower sturdy system:strong steel metal structure for durability & stability, quiet, noise free and large bearing capacity
- easy assembly:the bed frame is installed with victorian style headboard, no box spring needed. the package includes clear instruction,all parts and tools,very easy to assemble.
- under bed storage:storage space under the frame,offer more space for you to storage anything. (mattress no included).
Bed Bugs seem to love the company of students and children in dorm rooms and bedrooms at home. This metal bed frame is perfect for students who live in dorm rooms and for children’s bedrooms, where clutter is almost unavoidable. It can also function as a standard twin size bed in your home.
It has a unique flower design to wash down the monotony of a room by adding a dash of aesthetic value. An interesting fact about it is that it has six legs for extra stability. It also has adequate under-bed storage of 12.7 inches and is easy to assemble. It is available in black, white and gold.
- unique sturdy design - the frame encloses the mattress to prevent slipping with ample under-bed space
- easy and seamless assembly – all the required hardware and tools are included/ headboard compatible
- assembled dimensions: 76.5 x 55.5 x 18 inches
With over 14,000 reviews and with 80 % of the ratings being 5-star, the Olee Sleep steel bed frame is a wise purchase when it comes to avoiding bedbugs. This bed frame has a unique, sturdy design, made from heavy-duty steel. It has a sufficient under-bed storage capacity of 18 inches, hence minimizing clutter in your space and in turn chasing bedbugs away.
It also has an anti-slip mechanism and the manufacturers claim that it is noise-free, though some reviewers say that it creaks slightly under certain conditions. Its dimensions are 76.5 x 55.5 x 18 inches, and assembling is relatively easy. The slat spaces are wide enough to hold your mattress and also easily expose the slightest occurrence of bedbugs.
- go minimalist- less is more, especially with this modern and structurally sound foundation that lends both strength and understated sophistication to your bedroom - two qualities that never go out of style
- underbed clearance- a 14 inch platform features 13 inches of underbed space perfect for storing extra odds and ends
- no box spring needed- reliable metal slats are designed to support and extend the life of your latex, memory foam or spring mattress without the need for a box spring; slats are spaced 7.1 inches apart
The Zinus Lorelai bed frame adds modernity and sophistication to your space. The steel frame is sturdy and durable, and the slats are positioned in such a way that there is no room for bedbugs to hide.
It has a weight capacity of up to 500lbs for the full, queen, and king size bed frames and 250lbs for the twin size bed frames. The under-bed storage space provides 13 inches of sufficiency and minimalism. It is also exceptionally reviewed, and the pros outweigh the cons.
When purchasing a bed frame, it is necessary to understand that bedbugs love warmth, and clutter. The following is a buying guide to help you avoid bedbugs when getting a bed frame:
1. Consider the Material of the Bed Carefully
Metal frames are less susceptible to bed bugs as compared to wooden ones. This is especially because the metal frames are cool hence they do not provide a suitable environment for bedbugs to thrive in. You can always pair this with water-resistant or a breathable mattress cover for extra caution.
2. Buy Second-hand with Caution
Used bed frames are one way to spread bedbugs from one household to another because the bugs may be hiding without your knowledge. Ensure you inspect and clean the bed furniture thoroughly before taking it home.
3. Consider the Storage Ability of the bed Frame
The under-bed should provide sufficient storage space to minimize clutter and also for convenience purposes.
4. Research Before Making a Purchase
Ensure you know all there is to know about bed frames and how to deal with a bed bug infestation before buying a new bed frame.
5. Clean and Vacuum your Home Frequently to Get Rid of Clutter
Before your purchase, make sure that your home is bed bug-free by cleaning it often and decluttering.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions that will help you get additional information when deciding which bed you should choose.
They are small, oval, and brownish. Adult bed bugs have flat bodies. They appear reddish and swollen when they have fed. A quick internet search will show you their exact appearance.
Bed Bugs do not prefer wood to metal or vice versa. They hide anywhere with narrow crevices where a potential host stays. Metal, however, provides a less conducive environment for them as compared to wood.
Reduce the clutter in your bedroom and vacuum it frequently to prevent bed bugs. You can also use pre-treated mattress covers and pesticide control.
There are several things you can do to know if you’re sleeping in a bedbug-infested bed. Always check for the following:
1. Bloodstains on your bedding.
2. Dark or rusty spots on your bedding and clothes which may be excretions from the bed bugs.
3. Insect egg shells, or shed skins.
4. A musty odor secreted by the bed bugs.
5. You can also tell that you have bed bugs when you start feeling itchy after getting in bed or wake up with itchy, swollen spots.
The worst thing about having bed bugs happens when you are in public and you start to itch suddenly, simply because one stuck onto your clothes and followed you to run your errands.
It is possible to get rid of bedbugs, and when you do so, consider the above bed frames to avoid another infestation.