Pregnancy is just one of those phases that alters a woman’s life utterly. It comes with its fair share of aches, pains, and little discomforts. The huge physical changes like sitting down can be surprisingly challenging. Therefore, in this article, we are offering some tips to make your chair pregnancy-friendly so that you can make your workspace as comfortable as possible.
5 Best-Selling Pregnancy Chair Cushion
You should be proud that you are bringing another human to the world, however, sitting poorly can lead to a range of frustrating health effects and put your pregnancy at risk.
- Sitting while crossing your legs damages your varicose veins.
- Chair without a backrest can place strain on your back.
- Stools that compel you to slouch put pressure on the abdomen.
- If the seat pushes you to twist your waist, the blood circulation is affected.
- It is advisable to change your sitting position to avoid swelling.
So, if you have a love for the tiny baby inside you, follow these below tips to make your chair pregnancy-friendly and avoid many of the stresses of working.
Table of Contents
1. Choose A Comfortable Chair
Believe it or not, you and your pregnancy chair have a strong connection.
It is pertinent to get a chair that is more convenient than others; it should give you support when you change your positions and make the sitting experience as comfortable as possible for you and the baby. The office chairs usually don’t offer any additional support. They can make standing up difficult as you gain pregnancy weight.
Chairs like Windsor Glider from Angel Line are the best choice; they have a generous seating room with padded arms. It also has enclosed metal bearings for smooth gliding motion.
By investing in an office chair, you keep your body stress-free and ensure that the pain that is usually associated with pregnancy is controlled.
2. Get A Remote Tray
The remote tray can be your best friend.
It is also known as ‘Armchair Tray’ if you are planning to use it with your pregnancy chair. Though these trays are sold separately, one can attach and use them with any chair they want. It doesn’t let you stand up over and over for small things; you can put your snack, remote control, cell phone, and even laptop in them. All your items are always close to you.
This highly efficient product comes with great convenience, but it is not easy to buy it. Since there are many options available. It is imperative to buy a model that fits your needs.
For example, if it is just a tray without a pocket, you won’t have many options as pockets are as important as the tray. Furthermore, you need to buy the best quality product that is lightweight and can be used with different types of chairs.
All in all, getting up and down repeatedly isn’t good for your muscles. Having an armchair tray avoids all the discomforts and reduces your chances of pulling a muscle.
3. Use A Cushion
Sitting for long periods causes many health issues especially if you are pregnant.
Unfortunately, most of the seats we sit on aren’t very comfortable; they aren’t designed to support your body. They squeeze your hips, put tension in your legs, misalign the posture, and force you into slumping. To avoid all the problems, you need to get a cushion.
If there is no other option and it is necessary to use the office seat, using a seat cushion can do wonders. It can offer a ton of health benefits, such as:
- It is easy to sit with good posture.
- It helps you to avoid and pain and stiffness in the body.
- You have less compression on your hips.
- Your spine and joints aren’t affected.
- It restricts blood flow in your pelvis and legs.
4. Buy An Ottoman
Ottomans are functional pieces of the living room, but they can be used anywhere you want.
This product consists of a padded cushion on a wooden frame, however, it is used as a footrest in front of a couch or chair. You can use them as stools too and pair them with sofas as well. But buying them is not an easy task as they are available in different sizes and shapes.
For example, they often come in round, square, and rectangular shapes. Though for comfort, you need to focus on the material. People often opt for fabric material, but we recommend leather material for pregnant women. Since it is soft and more resistant to tearing.
In case it is tough for you to decide which ottoman is good for you, choose Convenience Concept Company. Their leather ottoman has great quality and many noteworthy features.
5. Avoid Ultra-Soft Sofa
It doesn’t matter whether you are buying a new chair or a cushion, just ensure it is not ultra-soft and deep. It looks and feels great when you relax on a heavily cushioned sofa but during the later stages of pregnancy, it can create trouble for you.
Because ultra-soft sofa or cushion is good for relaxation only. When it comes to getting out of the chair, standing back up again is challenging.
Besides, you slouch on an ultra-soft sofa.
This ruins your health and causes back pain and digestive problems. If you already have a very soft sofa or chair, place a couple of cushions on top of it. It will be easier for you to get up again.
Correct Way to Sit During Pregnancy
- You should use a hard and straight chair to sit on and you can choose to have a pillow or towel for extra support. Also, keep in mind that it is important to assure that your feet are placed flat on the surface or floor. Make assured that you avoid slumping at any cost.
- If you think you demand additional support, you can also use a footstool. This will help you lessen the strain on your lower back by raising your feet, especially in situations where your chair isn’t short enough for you to place both your feet o the ground.
- You should also avoid sitting in the same place and position for a long time. Take short breaks in between and do some safe stretches at least after every half hour. If you know that you’ll be seated for a while, you can always do a few leg stretches to improve blood circulation.
- Sitting at the edge of the chair when fully slouched is another way to sit during pregnancy. You should ensure that you raise yourself with your back curved then stay in that position for a few seconds. You can adjust your body at around 10 degrees but ensure that your body weight is evenly balanced on both hips.
- If you’re sitting on an office chair ensure that the height is adjusted correctly and you can easily reach the desk without straining your body. You can pull the chair closer so that you can rest your arms on the desk as a way to relax your shoulders.
In pregnancy, sitting comfortably and standing up easily is the most important thing. When you make your chair pregnancy-friendly, you successfully avoid back, pelvic, and joint pains which are associated with pregnancy. Also, bear in mind, making your chair pregnancy-friendly isn’t the only thing. You need to work on your posture too; sit straight and with a slightly arched back; your legs should be apart too for comfort.
On the whole, making your chair pregnancy-friendly gives you the strength to overcome pain.
Follow all these above tips to make your pregnancy comfy and special.