Are you tired of seeing furniture-related damage on your flooring? They look horrible and make your house look old and cheap. Thankfully there is an easy, and budget-friendly, solution – furniture floor protectors!
6 Best-Selling Dining Room Chair Floor Protectors
Table of Contents
- 1. The X-Protector Two-Color for Hardwood And Laminate Flooring
- 2. The Nail-On Felt Pads Heavy-Duty Floor Protectors
- 3. The Furniture Guide Felt Pad Screw-On Floor Protector
- 4. The Knitted Elastic Furniture And Floor Protector Pads
- 5. The MelonBoat Chair Gliders Floor Protectors
- 6. The Super Sliders Furniture Protectors
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
The best permanent solution is to install hardcore flooring like tiles. But who said it was easy? Floor installation is expensive.
Don’t worry. Floor protectors will help you when it comes to protecting your floors from scratches, and you’ll not have to pay for new flooring.
Below are the best dining room floor protectors we could find.
Reviews of 6 Top Rated Dining Room Chair Floor Protectors
- ✌ x-protector furniture felt pads – best protection for your wooden, laminate or tiled floors. our furniture coasters create strong shields between floor and furniture, desks & tabletops, which carefully protect surfaces from scratches and scuffs.
- ✌ only now 1 + 1 pack x-protector! 1 brown (106 pieces: (45) ¾”, (24) 1”, (36) 1x1”, (1) 3x4”) + 1 beige (27 pieces: (10) ¾”, (8) 1”, (4) 1 ½”, (4) ½x6”, (1) 4 2/3x6”). total 133 chair glides. that’s all furniture floor protectors you need at home – brown for dark furniture and beige for bright furniture.
- ✌ diversity of sizes x-protector of anti scratch furniture pads. a lot of sizes of chair leg floor protectors will ensure, you will find pads that fit to all of the home furniture and items which you have.
These are the best-selling floor protectors on Amazon. They are your best option when it comes to protecting your hardwood or laminate floor from furniture damage.
The pack includes 133-floor glides of two different colors.
The brown glides are 106 in number, and the beige pieces are 27. The brown glides are the best for hardwood or dark-colored floors and furniture, whereas the beige glides are best suited for bright-colored furniture or laminate flooring.
They also come in a variety of sizes to fit all your furniture. The brown ones come in 4 sizes: ¾”, 1″, 1x1″, and 3x4″. The beige glides offer more size variety: ¾”, 1″, 1 ½”, ½ x6″, and 4 2/3x6.
- protect your hard surfaces - everyday use and movement of furniture can actually be damaging your hard floor surfaces. these softtouch nail-on felt pads protect your beautiful hardwood, ceramic tile and linoleum floors from marring and scratches
- reduce scratching and noise - use these furniture protectors to reduce friction and noise while moving furniture and protect your hardwood, ceramic, tile, linoleum floors and all other hard surfaces from unsightly scratches, marring and damage
- reduce noise from everyday use - never again hear the annoying scraping sound of a chair being pushed against a hard surface – these nail-on furniture protecting felt pads help reduce friction and noise from everyday use
These floor protectors are no joke. They can do more than just protecting your floor from chair-damage. These Nail-On floor protectors are also capable of protecting your floor from heavy-duty furniture like cabinets and cedar desks.
The installation process is simple. Lift your furniture and attach the felt pads onto the feet of your furniture. Since they’re self-stick, they’ll have no problem staying on the feet.
You can use these felt pads to protect your hardwood, tile, ceramic, or Linoleum flooring. They come in three colors: Charcoal grey, Walnut Brown, and Linen.
There are two packs you can choose from: The Value Pack or the Standard Pack.
The value pack comes with 48 pieces, whereas the Standard Pack comes with 8.
You also get to choose from 4 sizes: 1”, 1 and 1 ½ inch, 1 ½”, and ⅞”.
- multifunction-anti-slip,prevent from marring and scratches,reduces friction vibration & noise while moving furniture chairs tables and lengthen the service lives of furniture & floor.
- advantages-lasts far longer than stick-on pads and easier replacement.much stronger connection with furniture foot than nail-on pads.
- easy use-firstly drill pilot hole,then screw on the pad along the predrill point by screwdriver.
Their screw-on feature makes them much more durable than your average felt pads. Also, the felt pads are less likely to come off as you move your furniture.
Unfortunately, unlike the other floor protectors that can work with a wide range of furniture, these floor protectors only work with tables and chairs.
The screw is hardened steel, the felt-pad cushion is high density, and the case is ABS plastic.
Their installation is of medium difficulty, but totally worth it.
Overturn your table or chair, then carefully drill small holes on the feet. Next, take a screwdriver and drive the felt pad screws into the holes. That will firmly secure the felt pads in place.
The pack includes 40 pieces. You’ve got two colors to choose from; Black or brown. In addition to that, the felt pads are available in different sizes: 20mm, 24mm, and 28mm.
They look like pairs of socks for your furniture. In addition to that, they are elastic and can expand to accommodate most furniture legs (up to 2 inches in diameter).
“Won’t they tear with time and use?”
They’ll not tear in a very long time.
The protectors are high-density polyester fiber, double thickened, and perfectly knitted to resist wear and tear.
These furniture socks come in different color variants: Beige, brown, khaki, light blue, pink, and white.
The pad underneath will protect your floor from scratches, and at the same time, protect your furniture from wear, thus prolonging its lifespan.
The other great thing about these dining room floor protectors is that they are reusable. You can wash them with your hands or machine then fit them back onto your furniture.
- check size before purchase**: fit square feet with length from 1-1/4 to 1-3/8 inches (3.2-3.6cm).
- the flexible silicone box is easy to slip on, giving chair leg a snug grip like a glove.
- felt pads underneath allow chairs to glide silently and smoothly along floors (tile, hardwood, laminate and vinyl floor) without leaving marks.
These floor protectors look like plastic boats. Please continue reading to find out why they are called MelonBoats.
The floor protectors are transparent plastic boxes that have felt pads underneath. They are transparent to appear invisible in plain sight.
“Won’t they come off?”
No. These plastic silicone boxes will only come off when you want them to. They fit like snug gloves.
Unlike the previous elastic floor protectors, these are rigid. Therefore, you have to be careful when purchasing some for your furniture.
Why? Because they come in exact sizes.
Make sure you first measure your furniture’s feet to get the dimensions. With those dimensions, you can now go ahead and look for the perfect fit.
These floor protectors are perfect for tile, vinyl, laminate, and hardwood flooring. You’ll never see scratch marks ever again.
Something to note: The protectors are extremely slippery. MelonBoats will make your chairs feel like they are on ice.
- save surfaces from daily wear and tear - protect your hardwood, tile or laminate flooring from scratches and indentation. innovative design provides more coverage and surface protection to hard floors.
- move furniture effortlessly - ideal for cleaning or rearranging your home, especially for pieces that are often tilted on their sides. our formed felt pads glide across hard surfaces with reduced friction and noise.
- easy to install - simply remove the paper backing from the self-stick adhesive inside the cup and slide onto the end of a dry, clean surface. fits tightly on furniture - no shifting or sliding off. pads do not stretch. the size listed is the maximum diameter of the furniture leg that will fit the pad.
They look somewhat similar to the furniture socks we reviewed a while back. However, they appear to be shorter and lacking the highly elastic feature that was the main selling point of the previous protectors.
The manufacturers claim that the new felt-pad design on these floor protectors is better. Better than the traditional self-adhesive felt-pads we spoke about at the beginning of the article.
Linen makes up the material attached to the felt pads. The floor protectors are available in four sizes: 1”, 1 ½”, 1 ¼”, and 2”.
The Super Slide floor protectors are best suited for hardwood floors. You can use them with your dining chairs, cedar chests, tables, and cabinets.
Just like MelonBoats, these floor protectors are also extremely slippery, as their name suggests.
The felt pads and material should be durable. After all, the pads are responsible for absorbing all the friction between your furniture and floor.
The floor protectors should fit your furniture’s feet. We’d advise you to go for floor protectors that come in packs with different sizes or go for elastic ones.
The protector color should either match your furniture or the floor’s color. Try as much as possible not to mix up the colors. You don’t want to end up with a messy dining room.
4. Additional Features
Apart from elasticity, some floor protectors come with additional features like screw caps—These ensure the floor protectors remain on your furniture feet.
Some of these floor protectors are very slippery. You need to be careful with this, especially if you have kids. The floor protectors can end causing a lot of damage.
Frequently Asked Questions
They work by absorbing the friction between the furniture and floor.
Yes. By absorbing friction, not only are the pads protecting the floor from scratches, but they’re also protecting the legs from wear.
Yes. The heavier the furniture, the more the friction.
Quarry tiles. They are the hardest and are less likely to develop scratches.
Hardwood floors are the least scratch-resistant. We strongly advise you to use floor protectors with hardwood floors.