Back pains are a menace during pregnancy. They can be so painful that you’re unable to sit up properly.
Fortunately for you, pregnancy chairs for back pain are here to help. You no longer have to suffer.
Now, you have to be careful when shopping for a pregnancy chair. Below are some of the features you should be on the lookout for.
- The fabric material needs to be durable and non-toxic. In addition to that, it needs to be easy to clean. We’d advise you to go for leather or polyester.
- Maximum adjustability – It needs to be capable of a full range of motion like rocking, gliding, swiveling, and other forms of adjustments.
- Ample cushioning- The chair has to be evenly thick (Especially on the back and lumbar support region).
7 Best-Selling Pregnancy Chairs for Back Pain
Table of Contents
- 1. The Stockcraft Premium Hoop Glider and Ottoman
- 2. The Delta Children Blair Nursery Glider Swivel Rocker Chair
- 3. The Signature Design by Ashley Yandle Power Lift
- 4. The AmazonBasics Big and Tall Executive Computer Desk Chair
- 5. The Habda Ergonomic Office Recliner Chair
- 6. The Baby Relax Double Rocker
- 7. RESPAWN 110 Gaming Chair
- Correct Ways to Sit During Pregnancy to Avoid Back Pain
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 7 Top Rated Pregnancy Chairs for Back Pain
- premium comfort: the storkcraft premium hoop glider and ottoman offers you generous seating room, comfortable padded arm cushions with convenient storage pockets, and enclosed metal ball bearings for a smooth gliding motion to gently rock you and your little one
- convenient storage: each padded arm cushion includes a convenient storage pocket to hold any reading materials or essentials you need to keep within arm's reach
- multiple colors: designed to match any nursery, this glider is available in multiple cushion and base colors so it will match your style and blend seamlessly with the rest of your nursery furniture including including cribs, changing tables, dressers, mattresses, beds, and bunk beds.
There is something about this chair that makes it stand out in the market.
First, the Stockcraft Premium Hoop Glider was built for comfort. It all starts with the spacious sitting space and the soft but firm seat and back cushions. In addition to that, the armrests are padded.
Just as the name suggests, this chair is capable of gliding motion that brings about a soothing and therapeutic effect. Have you ever heard of the numerous health benefits that gliding and rocking chairs have on pregnant women?
The Stockcraft Premium Hoop Glider also comes with small cute storage compartments where you can store away your baby’s toys.
The polyester fabric makes the chair hard-to-stain and easy-to-clean. We all know how annoying baby stains can be.
- The overall design is classy.
- Its build is tough and reliable.
- Its pocket compartments are useful.
- Its gliding movement is useful during and after pregnancy (nursing).
- Sure, the cushion quality is comfy and firm. However, the back cushion isn’t well distributed.
The chair is uncomfortable for taller individuals.
- chair dimensions: 26.5"w x 31.5"d x 36"h | seat dimensions: 19.25"w x 23.25"d x 19.75"h | backrest height: 22" | seat cushion: 5.5" thick
- whisper quiet, gentle glide motion with 360-degree swivel action
- sturdy wooden frame and durable steel mechanisms to ensure soothing, quiet movements
It is a simple chair built to deliver nothing but comfort to the user. Not to mention its special mechanism that allows for all ranges of motion like rocking, gliding, and swiveling.
The Delta Children Blair Nursery chair is a treat for pregnant and nursing women.
The easily removable seat cushion is firm but comfortable enough to sit on. The entire chair was assembled with your child’s safety in mind. You don’t have to worry about loose or toxic components that might harm your child.
- A comfortable and functional chair.
- Probably the chair with the firmest build on this list. It’s durable.
- You can easily clean spills.
- Not comfortable for noticeably taller people.
- contemporary power lift recliner: style and functionality merge together in this dual motor lift chair recliner, with just the touch of a button, the power lift eases you back and elevates your legs for the ultimate lounging experience
- smooth brown upholstery: saddle brown upholstery looks like leather, but is actually thick poly fiber with a cozy feel-good touch. designed for comfort with a high back, thick cushions and sturdy corner-blocked framed with metal reinforced seat
- slow power movement: estimated time to complete a full cycle with 110v from fully reclined to completely lifted is 1 minute. to move from reclined to upright takes 14.5 seconds, ideal for seniors or disabled individuals
You already know what to expect from this chair- Unparalleled comfort and happiness.
From its looks, you can already tell that pregnancy back pains will no longer be a problem for you.
Its design is classy and executive. It’s the type of chair you’d be proud to have in your sitting room.
What more would you want? It has heavily padded armrests, back, and lumbar support cushions, and a nice metal feet rest.
Every pregnant woman needs to get one of these. With a press of a button, you can recline your chair and elevate your feet.
- It is built for comfort. Your back will be cared for.
- The design is breathtaking and modern.
- The reclining and foot elevation features are useful to have.
- It accommodates both tall and short individuals.
- It’s quite expensive.
- It’s bulky and a hustle to lift.
- one amazon basics big & tall executive office chair in black faux leather with pewter finish
- high-back executive desk chair with big and tall size comfort; commercial-grade components
- adjustable lumbar mechanism for lower-back support; curved and padded arm rests
This chair is perfect for pregnant ladies who are still working hard in their offices.
It’s not as huge and bulky like the other chairs on this list- This makes it the perfect fit for home offices.
Working while pregnant isn’t easy, especially when you have to deal with neck and back pains. You’ll be glad to know that this chair comes with evenly spread lumbar and back support that will make sure you remain seated in the right posture.
Also, we have to mention the height-adjustment and swivel-action that allows you to tune it to your requirements.
The overall design of the chair is superior- A luxurious leather exterior, the material is also durable, plus there are caster wheels that allow you to make minor movements about your working area.
- It’s big enough to accommodate small, average, and big-bodied people.
- Its exterior design is fantastic.
- The back support is firm but comfy.
- Some customers have complained that the back support cushion was too firm for their liking.
- ergonomic recliner - synchro tilt reclines the backrest increasing the angle between your torso and thighs for a comfortable, ergonomic sitting position. with multiple height, tilt, lift and lock settings for added adjustability, once you find your best position, use the tilt lock function to stay in place.
- breathable mesh - contemporary ergonomic black mesh office chair promotes increased air flow, keeping you feeling cool and comfortable during long sessions. designed to provide you all-day comfort with fully upholstered back, height adjustable seat, armrests and pullout footrest
- adjustable office chair - waterfall seat cushion slopes slightly downward to help reduce stress on your legs. built-in lumbar support and rotatable headrest help you been in right sitting posture for protecting your neck and waist.
This chair might be simple, but it gets the job done.
At first glance, it looks like a regular office chair that doesn’t offer much. However, it’s one of the best office chairs for pregnant women.
- An S-shaped ergonomic mesh back supports that prevents sweat build-up on your back.
- Thick comfy cushions.
- It’s capable of 155-degrees recline.
- It has an adjustable headrest.
- And finally, a stylish and badly-need footrest you can use while laying back.
- The mesh back support is a lifesaver during those hot afternoons.
- Its footrest and recline features come in handy when you want to take a break.
●Some have complained that the seat cushion is too thin for their liking.
- clean lines for a contemporary styling and sturdy construction.
- one and a half times as wide as a regular rocker to provide you and your child complete comfort.
- features two-toned contrasting welting and espresso colored rocker feet.
True, this is not the type of chair you’d prefer in your office. However, this the chair you’d want in your nursery room. It offers a lot of seating space and, therefore, perfect for plus-size moms.
The Baby Relax Double Rocker is wider and more comfortable than your average chair. In addition to that, it’s also capable of rocking motion that will improve your muscle tone and prevent back and neck pains.
You’ll realize its full potential after delivering- It is the perfect chair for nursing.
- It’s one and a half times wider than most chairs and is capable of carrying more weight.
- The back support is firm, and the cushions are durable.
- It’s capable of rocking motion.
- It’s bulky and will, therefore, occupy a decent amount of space.
- It’s rocking movements aren’t overly impressive because of its fairly flat rocking arches.
- gamified seating: a racecar-style gaming chair that provides luxury and comfort, whether it's used for intense gaming sessions and climbing to the top of the leaderboards, or long work days.
- ergonomic comfort: with segmented padded designed to give highly contoured support when and where you need it most, this ergonomic chair is also equipped with an extendable footrest for position reinforcement. adjustable headrest and lumbar support pillows, as well as padded armrests provide all-around comfort.
- 4d adjustability: find your optimal position by raising or lowering your chair and reclining between 90 - 155 degrees with infinite locking positions. soft, padded armrests pivot with the chair as it reclines. full 360 degrees of swivel rotation enable dynamic movement.
Yes, gaming chairs are way more comfortable than your average chair.
The Respawn 110 gaming chair is among the top gaming chairs in the market. It can even be used as a pregnancy chair for back pain.
Its segmented cushioning ensures that each back muscle is well supported. You also have an adjustable headrest and a nice lumbar support. The chair is also capable of 90-155-degree recline and 360-degree swivel action.
Oh, did you know that the Respawn 110 Gaming Chair has a weight support limit of up to 275 pounds?
- The segmented cushioning accommodates all back muscles.
- It has an impressive weight support capacity.
- It has a handy extendable footrest
- It’s quite expensive for an office chair.
Correct Ways to Sit During Pregnancy to Avoid Back Pain
- Make sure that you are sitting with your back straight and your shoulders back.
- Your buttocks must touch the back of your chair.
- Sit at the end of the chair and slouch completely.
- Distribute your body weight evenly on both hips.
- Avoid sitting in the same position for more than 30 minutes. If you feel like you are sitting for a long time take a short break every 30 minutes.
- Do not twist your waist when sitting. Make sure that your whole body is turning around when you are turning your body to left or right.
- Make sure your foot is flat on the floor.
- Avoid crossing your legs.
- Use comfortable seat cushion.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sit up straight and have back support at the curve of your back.
Yes, vibrating massage chairs are safe for pregnant women unless the manufacturer states otherwise.
Yes, the wrong sitting posture will affect the baby’s position in the uterus.
Sitting in a cross-legged position will increase blood pressure and might cause varicose veins.
Finding the right pregnancy chair for back pain isn’t easy. Especially since there aren’t chairs that are specifically built for pregnant women. However, this list includes chairs that have all features that will be useful to pregnant women.