While shower time is an easy and mundane task for most of us, pregnant women tend to have it a bit more difficult. Each pregnancy stage comes with a myriad of changes. Most women will attest to having challenges in standing in the shower for as little as 10 minutes among other activities that quite honestly seem normal to everyone else.
10 Best-Selling Shower Chairs for Pregnant Women
To this effect, it is of utmost importance that a mother-to-be finds a way that makes showering easy and most importantly safe; cue shower chairs. With a shower chair, you no longer have to get stressed about getting clean and even getting rid of those pesky hairs on your legs. The shower chairs have been made with safety and comfort top of mind and guess what, they are absolutely affordable. If you might be wondering whether you really need one, read on; we have reviewed some of the best in the market as follows
Table of Contents
- 1. PCP Shower Safety Seat
- 2. Moen Transfer Bench
- 3. Drive Medical’s Bathroom Safety Shower Tub Bench Chair with Back
- 4. The Vaunn Medical Deluxe Spa Shower Chair
- 5. NOVA Shower and Bath Chair
- 6. Dr. Kay’s Bath and Shower Chair Shower Bench with Backrest
- 7. Carex Universal Bath Seat and Shower Chair
- 8. Giantex Folding Shower Seat Bench Wooden Wall Mount
- 9. GreenChief Adjustable Shower Chair
- 10. Medical King Shower Chair
- Who Should Use A Shower Seat?
- What to Consider When Buying Shower Seat
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 10 Top Rated Shower Chairs for Pregnant Women
- cutout seat features a notched split top for easy cleaning of perineal area; caregiver approved for hygiene, hemorrhoid, and postnatal recovery; allows reduced pressure around vagina, testicles, anus and rectum; tool free (no tools needed) to assemble
- lightweight portable shower chair; bathing and cleansing is safe comfortable and relaxing; stability and sturdy support for seniors, limited mobility, and recovering patients; fits almost anywhere in bathroom; grips to slick wet tub basin and tile floors
- padded comfort seat top with removable backrest; simple to clean and sanitize, non-marring non-slip suction feet, durable rust proof construction; increase security and independence for elderly, injured, and disabled users; minimize falls by sitting
First up, we have the PCP shower safety seat that is designed with a cutout section that makes it easier to clean and relieves pressure from the perennial area. One of the best features of the chair is its portability; you can move the chair without the fear of straining yourself. It is also easy to assemble and requires no tools.
The seat is padded and made from moisture free material which assures you of durability and comfort. The design also allows you to detach the backrest in case you need to clean it or just if you don’t need it.
The PCP shower chair is fall-proof as the base firmly grips on to any wet surface.
- safety first: bathroom accessories to lend a helping hand when you need it
- 16.5" to 21" adjustable height fits a variety of tub and shower styles
- seat measures 33" wide x 18" deep
The Moen Transfer Bench is a bit more advanced than the rest in the market. It has unique features that make it more than just a shower chair. As the name suggests, this chair is highly optimized to assist you with your bathroom transfers all through your pregnancy period.
The surface of the seat is comfortable, sturdy and is made from non-slip material to prevent any accidents. This seat also allows you to adjust the height without compromising the stability as the base of the legs is made from silicone. The Moen Transfer Bench has a basket that helps you to organize all your bathing gear.
- bathroom bench: designed to fit just about any style of bathtub, our tub bench for bathroom is exceptionally easy to install without tools
- quality construction: the ultimate handicap shower accessories for daily living, our tub chair for elderly, disabled, and injured individuals is made of durable aluminum
- adjustable: designed to fit your unique needs, our adjustable stool has legs that can be adjusted in 1-inch increments
You need no tools to assemble this shower chair and to make it even better; the chair is made from aluminum which means no rust and a super light chair!
Other than that, you can adjust the suction style legs to your preferred height. Ensure that you observe the 400Lb weight limit so that you are not compromising your safety while showering. The chair’s surface has drainage holes that amp the stability even further.
- sit, shower & relax- shower chair allows individuals i.e. anyone or seniors or those with limited mobility or injury to sit during shower. create a relaxing shower experience; allows fall risk individuals to shower independently
- durable & secure - new model shower chair is now made with heavy-duty anodized aluminum frame with a weight capacity of 250lbs (compare to competitors' 200lbs)
- comfortable: high-density, polyethylene seat with padded armrests brings increased comfort and support for users
Now this shower chair checks off all the boxes in terms of safety, comfort, durability and easy assembly. The drainage holes on the seat removes the possibility of water poling which usually increases the risk of falling or slipping off.
The angled legs fitted with anti-skid rubber tips buff up the stability as well as maintain the integrity of your shower floor. The weight capacity on the Vaunn Medical Deluxe Spa Shower Chair is 250lbs. for your comfort; the ergonomic design ensures even distribution of your weight, thus enhancing your sitting experience.Top of Form
- shower or bathe in comfort and safety with a bath chair with back and arms
- hygienic design adds comfort and aids in cleaning.
- comfortable padded arms provide support and stability to get up and down from the bath seat. arms are easily removable.
Fitted with a backrest and armrest, the Nova shower and bath chair gives you maximum stability as you get yourself cleaned. The detachable armrest is even padded to increase support.
It is fitted with a push-button that allows you to assemble the parts quickly and easily without the need for tools. What’s even better is that the lightweight design and compact parts ensure that you can carry your shower chair along even when you have to travel. The seat’s cutout design means more convenience and easier cleaning.
- lightweight and exceptionally stable: don't sacrifice your comfort for safety when you can easily have them both with dr. kay's adjustable height shower seat. weighs only 4 lbs but can hold 250 lbs.
- our maximum height is a full 2-inches higher: some of our closest competitors make a similar product, but they skimp on the height - which could leave you struggling. adjusts from 12.5" to 18.5".
- fits even in small tubs and showers: the ample anti-slip platform and wide base give this stool maximum stability while the non-slip rubber feet ensure the bench won't slip out from under you.
This shower chair is small and can easily fit in small spaces. The adjustable height feature works in tandem with the firm and widespread anti-slip base to buff up your safety as you use the chair. In fact, this chair gives you 2 more inches- in height- compared to a lot of other products in the market.
The seat is fitted with handles on the side to make it easy for you or your caregiver to handle the chair/ Finally, the assembly is tool-free, once you purchase this chair, you or anyone around you can quickly put it up and have you using it in no time!
- comfortable bath seat. innovative design provides comfortable bath and shower seating. perfect as a shower seat as the seat is very stable and safe. the maximum recommended weight for the shower bench is 400 pounds.
- adjustable height. shower seat adjusts to the height of your bathtub. easily adjusts from a height of 16" to 21". shower chair fits most tubs and is extremely lightweight, yet stable, and non-slip.
- easy assembly. a shower stool that is easy to assemble and requires no tools. shower chair also features a notch to hold a handheld shower.
Built-in side handles, adjustable height, up to 400 lbs. of weight; the Carex universal bath seat and shower chair is what you need to make your shower time more enjoyable. You don’t have to worry about uneven bath or shower areas as the adjustable legs give you the advantage of a customized fit.
Forget about water pools as the seat has enough drainage holes to prevent this. You also won’t need to keep holding your shower head as it has a built-in notch area to hold your shower head as you soap up or shave.
- ▶▶ folding design for more space saving ◀◀ this shower seat bench can be quickly folded when not in use. its compact-size design is ideal for small bathroom or narrow shower stalls without taking up too much of your space.
- ▶▶ stable construction with strong load bearing ◀◀ solid wood and stainless steel make this wall mounted shower stool sturdy and stable in structure with a better load bearing up to 300lbs, making it suitable for both adults and kids.
- ▶▶ safe & secure, suitable for a wide variety of people ◀◀ combined two stainless steel bases with premium plastic reinforcement base, this shower seat bench is much more secure. ideal for the elderly, seniors, adults, disabled and pregnant women.
Now this shower chair works completely differently mainly because of its design. The chair is mounted on the wall in your shower area and folded every time it’s not in use. Further into the design, it is compact and sturdy to give you flexibility with your space all while keeping you safe as you use it.
The seat’s base has been reinforced to make sure that once you secure it on the wall, it stays there. You don’t have to worry about the wood getting water damage as the material is moisture-resistant and is even aided by a clear waterproof varnish. The best thing about this shower chair is that you can use it for other activities that are strenuous during your pregnancy.
- 【sturdy, secure & durable】greenchief bath stool is approved highest medical standards, supports up to 500 pounds. made of heavy-duty anodized aluminum frame, 1 pair of cross-bars added in the middle part, thickened seat and backrest, anti-skid rubber tips, shower chair seat ensures your safety when showering, especially suitable for the bariatric, elderly, seniors, adults, disabled, pregnant women.
- 【versatile & tool-free assembly】removable back support and height adjustable legs allow users to customize chair based on specific preferences. tool free assembly. easy to assemble and use.
- 【comfortable padded shower stool】padded bathtub stools for seniors is detachable for easy cleaning and the shower chair for elderly has anti-slip rubber feet with drainage holes on the bathtub adjustable shower chair for adults designed to allow water to drain.
The shower chair from GreenChief is built by very high medical standards. The base has a crossbar fitted in the middle to give maximum stability. You can detach the backrest as well as adjust the height to suit your preferences.
The sitting surface is padded and detachable to make cleaning much thorough and easier. With its compact size, you can fit it anywhere in your shower area. The best thing about this shower chair is that it comes with a freebie! Included in the package is a suction shower grab bar that is easy to fit and remove.
- ❤️bariatric shower chair with back with 8 adjustable heights from 13'' to 19''- and comes with a bonus of a bath sponge scrubber and additional sponge holds up to 350 lbs - with removable back - aluminum legs - anti rust and easy to clean
- ❤️portable shower chair and lightweight - small shower stool, special compact design to fit in most bathtubs - comes with drainage holes for the water to go down and built in side handles to carry it, with special anti slip rubbers on the legs to make it safe
- ❤️shower chair for disabled is easy to assemble, can be assembled in minutes - has a wide comfortable seat
The Medical King shower and bath chair is designed to prevent discoloration or even staining of the seating area. The seating surface is adequately padded for great comfort and safety as the material does not absorb or retain water. Apart from being portable, it is also easy to assemble and can fit in even the smallest shower areas.
What’s more, when you purchase this shower chair, you get a free back scrubber with an extra sponge; now who doesn’t love freebies? Finally, the chair is easily adjustable and has emphasized that it meets all the safety prerequisites.
Who Should Use A Shower Seat?
There are different bath safety products in the market and it can be hard to decide which option is best for you. Shower seat are not only made for pregnant woman but also for those who need security and stability like:
- A person with a balance issue
- Pregnant woman
- Weakness in the legs
- A person with a high risk of slipping
- A person with a high risk of falling
What to Consider When Buying Shower Seat
Before buying a shower seat you must consider the size of your bathroom and the size of the person who will use it. Make sure that it fits and comfortable to sit on. The seat should be wider than your measurement so that you can sit securely without the risk of sliding or falling.
2. Weight Capacity
Your shower chair must be able to support your weight. Commonly, shower seats can support up to 250 lbs to 400 lbs depending on the brand. Shower seats always include weight capacity so you better check on it first before purchasing.
One of the most important things you should consider is the material used on the shower seat. Make sure that it is durable, sturdy, and can withstand regular exposure to water. Also, you might also buy a shower chair with holes so you can prevent water build-up, mold, and mild dew that cause slipping and falling.
4. Chair Style
There are many shower seat choices depending on the style you need. Here are
our recommendations for you:
Suction vs Padded Feet
If you are having a hard time deciding between suction cups and padded tips then we recommend suction cups as they are more secure to prevent them from slipping.
Back vs. No Back
Generally, a shower chair with a backrest is the safest choice to go with especially if you have balance issues. It might be a little harder when it comes to transferring in and out of the tub but it surely provides stability and reduces the risk of falling off.
Arms vs. No Arms
A shower chair with arms can help you from standing up and sitting with ease. It is also very useful for additional balance and support. However, a chair without an armrest is a better option if you are not experiencing difficulties in sitting and standing.
Frequently Asked Questions
The seat’s material should be hard and made from waterproof materials.
Every product has a weight limit
Wipe it down with a wet cloth and disinfectant. Place it in a ventilated room to dry.
Yes, the wood used is resistant to water, mold and even bacteria.
Yes, the chairs are made from long-lasting, water-proofed materials.
Through your pregnancy journey, a shower chair is not only a source of comfort but a safety measure as well. Ensure that you pick the right one that will serve you through your term and ease the hustle of staying clean.